Monday, December 10, 2012

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

Today's MISM project ended up looking quite Spring-ish . . . totally by accident since this card just sort of evolved as I began working.  Except for the die-cut grass and felt clouds, all products used to create this card are from Stampin' Up! and include some items from the upcoming Spring catalog.  My preorder arrived on Thursday, and I finally got around to opening a few things, such as the "Sunshine & Sprinkles" designer paper, Cloudy Day embossing folder, and the Bitty Butterfly punch.  Other Stampin' Up! products featured on this card include Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, and Gumball Green card stock, Lucky Limeade Baker's twine, Pennant Builder and Jewelry Tag punches, rhinestone jewels, Elegant Butterfly punch, and "Pennant Parade" stamp set.  You'll notice that I used the debossed side of the card stock.  The embossed side is really nice with the dotted outlines around the clouds, but I thought I needed less obvious detailing so that my fluffy clouds (cut from sticky-back felt) would stand out.  The Elegant Butterfly punch was used to cut a shaped window, which I covered with designer paper on the inside of the card.  I started to get my new sewing machine out and sew the pennant to the card (with real stitches), but I haven't mastered straight stitches just yet.  Apparently, I haven't mastered that with an ink pen, either.  All in all, this card was quite easy and quick to make, and it's definitely a cheery one.  I wish you a happy, happy Monday and a fabulous week!

No comments: