Sunday, December 23, 2012

POP 'N CUTS: BIRTHDAY DRESS-UP CARD

I'm so excited to share my pop-up Dress Up card!!!  For the past two days, this card has been in the building stages as I tried to decide what to do next and how the front of the card would be decorated.  I think it goes without saying that this is the kind of card that I would send to someone who would--without a doubt--save the card and, possibly, leave it on display for days (weeks) beyond their birthday.  As a matter of fact, if I were to visit the person to whom I send this card, I would expect to find it on display even MONTHS after their birthday!  ;-)  And now for the details . . . several products used to create this card are from the upcoming Spring catalog and/or Sale-a-Bration brochure.  
Stamp Sets:  Perfectly Penned, Tiny Tags
Card Stock:  Chocolate Chip textured, Daffodil Delight, Bashful Blue, Melon Mambo, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Ink:  Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso
Sizzix:  Dress Up Framelits dies, Dress Form Pop 'n Cuts Insert die, non-SU Pop 'n Cuts Card Base die, Honeycomb embossing folder
Punches:  Jewelry Tag, Bitty Butterfly, Petite Curly Label, Little Labels Punch Pack, non-SU corner rounder
Designer Paper:  First Edition, Sunshine & Sprinkles 
Accessories:  Cute Clips (hanger), Baker's twine, Antique brad, Vanilla 5/8" Flower Trim, Artisan Kit (vanilla and pink lace trim), pearl jewels, Stampin' Dimensionals, glue dots, glimmer brads, Tea Lace paper doilies
As you can see, I used paper doilies to create a curtain and valance, and I also used half of a paper doily to mimic a rug in front of the standing dress form.  The "ledge" behind the dress form was begging for some type of decoration, so I created two additional pop-up accents with the butterfly and framed heart, and both of these accents fold up perfectly with the card and then lie flat when the card is open.
I believe there are many decorative ways to work with Stampin' Up!'s dress-up products but, of course, you wouldn't want to put this much detail in each project unless you were making more than one card at one sitting.  Even though this project took a LOT of time, I'm fairly certain that making a second card like this one wouldn't take as long since all of the thinking and planning have been worked out.  In just a couple of days, most of the products used to create this card will be available for purchase, and I would appreciate your purchase from my web site.


No comments: