Friday, January 18, 2013

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

Happy Friday!!!!  It's my turn to share a Freestyle Fridays project, and my mission for this week had me a little stumped and kind of dreading the creative task.  Off and on during the past week, I kept thinking about what I could create, but I was coming up blank and would just move on to something else.  Julie's mission was for me to use one color of various hues.  I finally started to look at my color choices, and it's not really surprising that I chose Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, and Early Espresso.  I can remember a time when I thought I would never need the neutral palette, other than black and white, but I reach for my neutrals all the time!  I think my most frequently purchased card stock is Crumb Cake!  So . . . this card began with the Crumb Cake layer which was embossed with Stampin' Up!'s Honeycomb embossing folder.  Looking through my collection of designer paper, I pulled out a scrap of Natural Composition paper, and that's when I decided that I would emboss it, cut out some of the shapes, and then my "various hues" would be achieved by sponging Soft Suede and Early Espresso ink onto the paper's floral design, which is manufactured to resist ink.  While moving the cut shapes around on the Crumb Cake card stock trying to decide how to place them, I spotted a [imaginary] flower, which ended up being the focal point.  I really like the clean simplicity of this design!  
 Stampin' Up! products used to complete this card include:  
Stamp Sets:  Itty Bitties, Pretty Petites (SAB product)
Card Stock:  Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Early Espresso
Ink:  Soft Suede, Early Espresso
Punches:  Petite Curly Label (SAB product), Itty Bitty Shapes (circle)
Sizzix:  Honeycomb embossing folder
Accessories:  Natural Trim ribbon (love this stuff), crochet trim, Designer Builder brad, and Linen thread, Sponge Daubers, Natural Composition Specialty paper

Thank you, Julie, for the mission!  I've said it before, and I'm sure that I'll say it again and again . . . missions (challenges) may seem difficult, but there is a degree of comfort when you know and are limited in what to use.  This sometimes forces us to dig deep, but we're digging into our own creative well, and isn't that just the best???  I would encourage you to go on a dig in your creative well, and you just might be surprised and impressed with what happens.

1 comment:

Jacoline said...

Hi Regina! Nice choice of papers on this one and the embossing folder works so well with this creation. You have make just a lovely card. I tend to love crumb cake and all the colours that make it stand out so well. Again, you have inspired me... I just love what you have done with this card.