Friday, April 26, 2013

FREESTYLE FRIDAYS . . . JUST. BE. HAPPY.

Happy Friday . . . that magical day of the week that sometimes seems like it will never get here.  Other times, I wonder what happened to Monday through Thursday.  This week has really gotten away from me, and I have felt so unproductive.  To be honest, I think I'm in the clutches of the funk monster.  It occurred to me late last night that it was my week to share a Freestyle Fridays project, and I panicked!  With Julie's blog post last week, she challenged me to create something yellow this week.  The Bashful Blue card stock layer, complete with the grass, tree, tire swing, and clouds, was lying on my desk (yet another something that I started but hadn't finished), so I added the three punched flowers and sentiment using Daffodil Delight card stock and then adhered the completed layer to a Daffodil Delight card.  I really like this card, and I think the tire swing and the sentiment (from Stampin' Up!'s "Pursuit of Happiness" stamp set) combine nicely to remind us to cherish the memories of simpler times in our lives and to not get too hurried and stressed--just. be. happy.  Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful weekend! 

2 comments:

Julie said...

Makes me want to run up to that tire and have a swing. Come on Spring!

Jacoline Fitzgerald said...

Hi Regina! I just love how you have created this card and it is so spring like.... that is something we have all been missing for a while so thank you for bringing some spring into our lives. I just love the card... you are such a talented woman. Thanks for always inspiring me to do better with my creating