Monday, April 8, 2013

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

I needed to make a birthday card yesterday, and the finished card happened to be a perfect one for today's MISM project.  Since I was making the card for the owner of the Carolina Quilt Market (a consignment shop where I get to display cards for sale), it seemed fitting to make this quilt card with a pinwheel design.  I'm not a quilter and don't always see how quilt designs get their name, but you'd think that I would recognize a pinwheel when I see one.  Nope!  I didn't see it until I had just about finished this card.  Actually, once I placed the satin pleated ribbon across the center of the design, that's when I finally was able to see not one, but FOUR pinwheels!  Go ahead and laugh--I had to laugh at myself, too.  Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include Baja Breeze and Whisper White card stock, Fancy Fan embossing folder, Vintage Trinkets (button brad), 3/4" Square punch, Baja Breeze satin pleated ribbon, and This & That Epic Day designer paper.

No comments: