Friday, May 10, 2013

FREESTYLE FRIDAYS

When I sat down to create today's Freestyle Fridays project, I grabbed the card stock and Stampin' Up!'s new Mosaic punch and coordinating stamp set, Mosaic Madness.  With her post last week, Julie issued a mission for me to use Basic Gray, Bashful Blue, and Pear Pizzazz card stock, which was an interesting and unusual color combo for me.  I ended up not even using the stamp set, but I got somewhat creative with the Mosaic punch and the Modern Mosaic embossing folder and was quite pleased with the results.  Four of the mosaic shapes were punched from embossed card stock, and I then sponged the edges of them with Bashful Blue ink.  In the center, I placed a punched Pear Pizzazz flower (Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack).  The flower in the center was created with the 1-1/4" and 7/8" Scallop Circle punches and topped off with a itty bitty flower and pearl jewel.  I didn't have any Pear Pizzazz ribbon, so I used Old Olive and Bashful Blue satin ribbon to finish off the card.  I started to add a stamped sentiment, but I decided instead to let this be an "any occasion" note card.  Julie, thank you for inspiring me to step outside of my comfort zone and try a new color combo--it worked beautifully for me, just as it did for you last week!

3 comments:

Jamie Martin said...

So pretty and nice use of ribbon :)

Julie said...

Can't wait to get my hands on the new products you used thanks to your inspiration. Love the ribbon treatment.

Jacoline Fitzgerald said...

Hi Regina! Wow I love how you have showcased some of the new product. I really love the new punch and embossing folder and you have created a lovely card with both. Keep up the great work. I look forward to seeing what you do next time.