Friday, May 24, 2013

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

I've had a lack of stampin' mojo lately but, as I was heading to bed a few nights ago, I got an idea for the Freestyle Fridays mission that Julie issued last week.  The mission was to use a retired Stampin' Up! color (I chose True Thyme) and one other color (Very Vanilla), but my project could only have one layer.  Hmmmm.  One layer . . . that's what really stumped me, and I may have bent the mission when I added the True Thyme ribbon bow, but that die-cut frame around the die-cut window on my card surely only counted as half of a layer.  Surely!  For the most part, I was quite pleased with this card, but . . . argh!!!!!! . . . the lacy embossed portion ended up inside-out, which I almost ALWAYS do when I use that embossing folder (Delicate Designs from Stampin' Up!).  It doesn't seem to matter that I feel the raised design in the folder before placing my card stock inside, trying to get it right . . . I guess I confuse myself with the flipping back and forth and almost always manage to get it wrong.  I should put a note on that folder to only use it on layers that I can flip.  The best part of making this card was getting to use the retired "Have a Seat" stamp set.  It may seem odd to have that bench behind the text, but it works and any occasion to use one of the "Have a Seat" stamps is good enough for me!  The sentiment is from a brand new stamp set, "Really Good Greetings".  I love that sentiment; however, it's one that will have to be used carefully since all situations don't end up "OK".  When I read it, I think of someone who loses a job and then (hopefully) will end up with an even better job--one they would have never found if they hadn't been forced to look.  Here's a look at the inside of the card.  If you click on the picture to open a larger view, you can almost see what the lacy embossed edge should have looked like on the front of the card.  ;-)
Thank you for yet another challenging mission, Julie!  Even when they stump me, they're still a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Jacoline Fitzgerald said...

Hi Regina! Well I love what you have done in creating this lovely card. The new saying is just perfect and I haven't ordered that set as yet but now that I see it displayed on a card I am definitely going to. You know, Regina, I seem to do the same thing with my embossing folders and don't know why it always happens to me ... so don't feel like you are the only one... the card looks lovely and no one else would know that the folder is inside out ... I can't wait to see what you create next time. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for always being so creative and inspiring me to doing the best I can.