Sunday, June 16, 2013

A BIRTHDAY "FLIP-IT" CARD FOR MY MOTHER

In yesterday's post, I shared the birthday gift that I made for my mother, and I want to share today the card that I made for my grandmother to give to my mother.  Mamaw was so sweet when she asked me about a month ago if I would make a special card for my mother's birthday.  I look forward to any stamping opportunity, and I knew that I really needed to make this card special . . . and I think I did.
I used a Sizzix Flip-Its die for the card base and assorted designer paper and embellishments to decorate it. 
Stampin' Up! products used to complete this card include Blossom punch, Soda Pop Top, rhinestone jewels, Doily die, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Wide Oval and 1" Circle punches, Lace tape, and the following stamp sets:  Collage Curios, Blessings from Heaven, and Happiest Birthday Wishes.
One of my favorite images in Stampin' Up!'s "Feel Goods" stamp set is, "Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves."  I didn't use that quote on this project, but I felt it during the making of this project and feel that all three of us (my mother, my grandmother, and myself) brought it full circle. 

No comments: