Monday, June 10, 2013

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

For today's MISM project, I tried a new technique (well . . . one that was new to me) and one brand new stamp set ("Really Good Greetings") and another set ("A Fitting Occasion") that touched ink for the first time.  I have already forgotten the name of the technique, but it's Sunburst something.  To create the background for my card, I stacked three squares of "Tea for Two" designer paper and used scissors to make cuts all around the stack of papers that resembled sunburst shapes.  I made sure that each cut was about 1/4" shy of the center point and, to use the shapes to create my background, I just tore them from the designer paper and glued them onto my Whisper White card stock, being mindful that they were positioned on the Whisper White card stock as they were in the stack when cut so that they fit perfectly.  This is an easy peasy way to create a pretty background, and the sunburst can totally fill the background, or accentuate a corner, a half, or any other portion of the card stock used for the background.  All products used to create this card are from Stampin' Up!

No comments: