Monday, June 3, 2013

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

I love today's MISM project, mainly because the finished design was a surprise--sort of!  I've had the stamp (Wildflower Meadow) for probably two weeks, and yesterday was the first time that I've used it.  I began by staring at the stamp, trying to decide what I wanted to do with it and how each of my ideas might turn out.  Even though I wasn't sure the ink would stay wet long enough for me to color the flowers, leaves, and stems with markers, I decided to go for it using Summer Starfruit, Old Olive, and Calypso Coral.  Before stamping, I huffed and huffed . . . and it worked!  I didn't color the polka dot background on the stamp; instead, I swiped the Woodgrain embossing folder with Crumb Cake ink prior to running it through the Big Shot, and I REALLY like the background that it created on this card!  After tying the Calypso Coral ruffled ribbon, I decided that a sentiment was needed somewhere . . . and a picket fence.  Doesn't this card just scream for a picket fence?  After digging and digging, I finally found a Sizzix fence die that I purchased years ago (and have hardly used), and I think it was the perfect touch for this card.  The sentiment, from Stampin' Up!'s brand new Happy Day stamp set was stamped onto vellum card stock with Soft Suede ink and adhered to the fence with a brad.  All in all, this was a snappy card to make--if you don't consider the thinking time involved.  ;-)  Anyone who stamps will agree, I'm sure, that most projects take more time to think about than to complete.

No comments: