Wednesday, June 26, 2013

SEA TURTLES

Isn't this a cute beach scene?  I think the mother turtle looks so loving as she urges the baby toward the water.  Or maybe she's trying to talk him into resting on the sand for a while.  The beach (sand, shells, turtles) is a digital image that I printed onto Stampin' Up!'s Whisper White card stock.  I have mentioned on my blog before that I have decided that it's okay for me to use cheap Bic markers for coloring since I simply don't have the patience for all of the shading and blending with alcohol markers, and I'm quite relieved to simply enjoy coloring again.  Maybe I'm channeling my inner kindergartener or something--all I know is that it is liberating to be able to just grab some markers and color.  For the sky, I used Stampin' Up!'s Soft Sky ink to sponge around a punched scallop circle, and then I rough cut the two felt clouds.  Soft Sky card stock was torn and distressed to create three layers of waves, and I thought the middle layer was the perfect spot for the stamped sentiment.  The finishing touch was a Vintage Faceted button with a small piece of twine threaded through the holes and left dangling.

1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

Too cute and I love the image! TFS