Sunday, July 14, 2013

FEATHERS & BURLAP

I realize that this card is very Fallish, but I couldn't help myself.  On Friday, UPS delivered a box of goodies that I pre-ordered from Stampin' Up!'s holiday catalog, and I was itching to do something fun with the burlap ribbon (I want that stuff by the truckload).  Another product that I was really excited about was the Feathered Woodcuts Kit (digital download).  It's so easy to build a card around a couple of feathers, and they just look nice.  I decided to cut my feathers from Sweater Weather designer paper (another pre-ordered item), and that paper set the tone for the Fall design of this card.  To cut the feathers, I used My Digital Studio to select the feather that I wanted to use and then exported the SVG to use with my Silhouette Cameo software.  Once I opened the feather image with the Silhouette software, I copied it twice, flipped one of the images, and then cut the three feathers from the new designer paper.  So, so easy!!!!  Other Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include Very Vanilla card stock, Naturals button, Happy Day stamp set, and Pretty Print embossing folder. 

1 comment:

Julie said...

I like it. Great card Regina and I can't wait to get my own supply of Burlap ribbon. Thanks for the inspiration.