Saturday, July 6, 2013

LET'S BE ADVENTURERS . . . CREATING PRETTY CARDS - SKETCH CHALLENGE 25

Each month, Craft Project Central has a brand new sketch challenge.  Do you know what's great about participating in the challenge?  YOU could win a FREE one-month subscription to the site and gain access to some of the best project tutorials!  To learn more about this awesome and easy opportunity, check it out HERE.  This is the project that I designed for Creating Pretty Cards - Sketch Challenge 25:
I began with a piece of Pistachio Pudding card stock, which I stamped with the large floral/decorative image from Happy Day stamp set.  I stamped the image using Pistachio Pudding, Perfect Plum, and Soft Suede ink.  I then stamped the Off the Grid image using Early Espresso ink and used the same color to sponge the edges of the card stock before giving it texture with the Honeycomb embossing folder.  A Q-tip was used to lightly apply some Silver Sparkle Dazzling Details to some of the embossed hexagon shapes, and the globe image from the Wanderlust stamp set was stamped in the bottom right corner.  Two other images from Wanderlust were stamped and cut out to create the tags on the Soft Suede strip of card stock, which features the Chevron embossing folder.  I wrapped a strip of Perfect Plum taffeta ribbon around the card stock layers.  On a small strip of ribbon, I tied knots in both ends, folded the ribbon in half, and adhered it to the other ribbon.  No matter what I did, the ribbon just didn't look right when I slipped the short piece under the already-adhered ribbon and tied it in a knot, and I thought this was a fun way to add a little something different to the card.  I thought it was interesting that I started out planning to only use Happy Day to create this card and, in the end, you can barely tell that I used that set.  All products used on this card are from Stampin' Up!, and I think the glimmer brad is the only product that I didn't already mention.  Now it's your turn to create something for Creating Pretty Cards - Sketch Challenge 25!

3 comments:

Jacque said...

Wow! That's gorgeous! You do vintage so well! Thanks for sharing and joining the Creating Pretty Cards Challenge!

SeeJulieStamp said...

Great take on the sketch! I love the triangles with the airplane peeking out. Thanks for participating in the Creating Pretty Cards Challenge.

Ellen said...

Love all the details resulting in a beautiful card; especially the ribbon. What a great idea as sometimes it takes longer to get the ribbon just right than it does to design a card! Can't wait to try it.