Monday, July 15, 2013

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY" AND A "MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK" DIGITAL DESIGN IDEA

During Stampin' Up!'s recent professional print pricing sale (for projects designed using My Digital Studio), I took the opportunity to design several cards (mostly using a trifold card template) that I could embellish as needed, and this is one of the designs:
One thing that I really like about trifold cards is that they offer three little design opportunities (each panel can be treated separately), but what I like most is being able to have a nice card on hand that was digitally designed and still has a uniqueness about it.  I'd like to point out yet another design opportunity with the trifold card template . . . instead of using it as one trifold card, you could always design each panel independently to be cut apart (after the cards have been professionally printed) and used on three separate card fronts!  How sweet is that?!?!  For less than $2, you could have a main ingredient for three cards!  You'll notice that I left an empty space on the top right corner of the front panel, and the next photo will show you why I did that:
It was a perfect place for a flower, but it also provides an excellent opportunity to add my own embellishment to give the card some dimension.  I used Stampin' Up!'s Blossom, 1-1/4" Scallop Circle, and 7/8" Scallop Circle punches to create the So Saffron flower with Chocolate Chip center.  When I needed a sympathy card yesterday, it was quite handy to just take one of my printed cards, dress it up, and write a short message.

No comments: