Friday, September 27, 2013

FREESTYLE FRIDAYS

With her gorgeous multi-layer project last week, Julie issued a mission for me to create something with a minimum of three layers.  It just so happened that I was in a crunch for a card idea the other night, and it was quite nice to have a goal . . . a mission that needed to be accomplished.  I've mentioned aunt Betty in the past, and she's the one for whom this card was created.  She fell this week--gave herself quite a scare--but she's okay.  Very, very sore, but okay.
If you're like me, Easter egg was your first thought upon glancing at this card.  With this being almost Fall and almost October, I can assure you that I was not trying to create any kind of egg, but let it be known that when you throw a few oval layers on an oval-shaped card, particularly when one of those layers features a floral image (colored nicely and looking like Spring), you will probably end up with a lovely egg imposter.  What matters most is that aunt Betty will appreciate the card.  She told me recently that whenever she's not feeling well or just feeling blue, a card will come in the mail from me.  I try to send cards on a somewhat regular basis, but it makes me feel great to know that some of them arrive just when she needs a pick-me-up.  That's just one of the great things about sending cards.  It's so easy these days to send an email or a text, but I believe that neither can brighten a day as much as a greeting card and when I take the time to make it myself, it just has to be even more special, right?

Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include Wisteria Wonder, Very Vanilla, and Pear Pizzazz card stock, Best of Flowers and A Dozen Thoughts stamp sets, Oval Framelits, Beautifully Baroque embossing folder, and Baker's twine.

2 comments:

Jacoline Fitzgerald said...

Hi Regina! I love this stamp it is one of the nicest ones that they ever made as a hostess set. You really made a lovely card with it and it just reminded me why I love the stamp so much... and I will perhaps try and use it for a project of mine in the near future. Thanks for always being so creative.

Nancy Dawson said...

I agree with Jacoline! Thank you for such a lovely creation and I am sure your aunt will love it.