Monday, November 25, 2013

"FOGGY MORNING IN A BURNED OUT FOREST" FOR MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY

When all was said and done and I looked at this card from a distance, I realized that it didn't quite turn out the way that it looked in my head.  It reminds me of a scene from Duck Dynasty, and I think it's the one where Phil is patiently following Ms. Kay, hoping that she will sooner-than-already choose the "right" Christmas tree.  I was going for a natural, woodsy Christmas card, but this one is probably more like foggy morning in a burned out forest.  I was determined to use Stampin' Up!'s Stamp a Tag Kit, and I am pleased with the tag, which was sponged with Crumb Cake and Soft Suede ink.  It's hard to tell from the photo, but there's Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details on the red heart (yes, that's a heart beside the "to:" on the tag).  I stamped the tree image from Warmth & Wonder with Always Artichoke ink, and the fringe/grass is covering a little boo boo--because tree trunks don't hover, you know?  I'm glad I ended up with the fringe, though, because it lent the perfect place for the stamped sentiment.  You know, the more I look at this card, I realize it looks nothing like Christmas.  Why don't we just consider it a card to never, ever make?  Since you took the time to visit my blog today--and I really appreciate that--let me share two great cards made by my stampin' friends:
Debbie surprised me with this sweet card.  I hardly ever receive cards, but I love it when I do!  And wouldn't you know it . . . that Hello, Lovely stamp set is once again tempting me!  Great job, Debbie!

Tracy made this awesome card for my Inkerbelles' October swap.  It's impossible to tell from the photo, but she used the Stripes embossing folder on the card front.  Love the distressed edges on the layers! 
Have a stampin' good week!!!

No comments: