Friday, December 6, 2013

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

Can you believe that it's Friday again . . . already?  The days seem to be rolling past even faster than usual, and I still don't have my Christmas tree up.  That's beginning to bug me.  I didn't even get my Freestyle Fridays project completed until the wee hours yesterday morning.  With her post last week, Julie Beaulieu issued a mission for me to create something with Stampin' Up!'s Strawberry Slush, and my project should include ribbon.  Since part of my Black Friday shopping included the purchase of a lot of Silhouette cut files, I decided to choose one for my project . . . a mini tissue box.
This is the cutest little box, and I happened to have one pack of tissues on hand to put in it.  I had a hard time deciding how I wanted to decorate it, and I discovered that I don't have a lot of "get well" stamps.  It occurred to me to just make it pretty, without giving too much attention to sickness, but then I laid hands on Paper Trey Ink's Comfort Food stamp set and remembered that I also have the coordinating dies.
I'm thinking that I should purchase some more tissues because these little boxes will be great stocking stuffers!  I can decorate them generically--just pretty--to be slipped into a purse or bookbag, left out on a desk or table, handy in a car, etc.  Best of all . . . the box is a snap to assemble!

Have a wonderful weekend, and get those Christmas trees up and decorated!

2 comments:

Julie said...

This tissue box would brighten anyone's day suffering through a cold. Most excellent accomplished mission.

Nancy Dawson said...

Too cute, Regina! Will have to try one of these.