Friday, April 11, 2014

DADDY'S SOCK & SHOE BIRTHDAY CARD

Yesterday was daddy's birthday, and this is the fun card that I made for him.  Of course, I wanted something extra special, so I decided to try this fun Silhouette cut file.  I've had it for a while but have never tried it.  This was actually the third card that I made because the other two were just too small.  I couldn't decide where to place a sentiment, and then it occurred to me that I could just use a small tag, similar to a brand label that is often found on shoes.  
What is really fun about this project design is that the sock is actually the card.  The shoe itself is two layers, scored at the bottom of the shoe, glued together except for the opening where the sock goes, and then the sock (card) slips in and out of the shoe just as our feet normally go in and out of shoes.  The cut file included the accent layers, and I added stitching to most of those layers--that was a real enhancement to this card!  The only issue that I had with this card is that it has no way to stand for display, but I found an easy solution.
I remembered that I had purchased some adhesive-backed easels a couple of years ago and, fortunately, I was able to find them.  I had to trim it a bit to make it fit the card so that, when standing, it wouldn't be seen.  No one wants to look at an ugly easel, right?  All in all, I had a lot of fun working with this card, and daddy loved it.  That's all that matters!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Ingenious! Love it. Happy Birthday Daddy.