Wednesday, August 27, 2014

ACCORDION FLIP CARD

No doubt, you've seen the popular accordion flip cards and, if you've seen them, then you surely have wanted to make one.  I have a Sizzix die (and its companion die) that will easily cut accordion flip panels, but I liked that this card didn't have "too much" open space.  The die that I own cuts panels that are very easy to assemble, but it leaves such a narrow/thin border.  So I decided to use Kirsteen's tutorial and see what happened.  As you can see, Baker's twine is used to join the flippin' ovals (no, I'm not mad at them--they really do flip) but when I finished, I thought that I had joined them too close together because the card didn't seem to open as wide as I wanted.  This card was going in the trash . . . until I returned later and decided that it really wasn't bad and it opened plenty wide, so I decorated it.  Below are photos of the back of the card and a view from the top.  I forgot to take a photo of the closed card, but the designer paper ovals flip so that they lay flat. 
The back
A peek at the top
I'm glad I decided to complete the card.  I needed something fun and different to send to my parents, and this was it.

1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

Too cute! Is this the Karen Burnstein Accordion Die?