Wednesday, October 15, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AUNT BETTY

Today is aunt Betty's 89th birthday.  I don't know how long I've been sending cards to her--it's been YEARS--but I know for sure that she loves receiving them.  She's never said that she looks forward to getting unique cards, but my guess is that she has come to expect something a little out of the ordinary from me.  Can you imagine how much pressure that adds to the design process?  I kept wondering what kind of card to make this time, thinking of all types that I've sent in the past, and then I remembered seeing this bird cage on the Artfully Sent Cricut cartridge.  That cartridge is all about cards, so the decision was made . . . there would be a bird cage for Betty's birthday.  To decorate the front, I stamped the pretty flowers using Stampin' Up!'s Pictogram Punches stamp set and cut them with the coordinating flower punch from Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.  I can't remember the name of the Martha Stewart punch that cut those dainty sprigs, but I that punch!  Keeping things simple, I tied a dangling glittery heart to the white bow.
You would think this particular card would be a tri-panel since the front is so open, but it wasn't set up that way on the cartridge so I had to create the extra layer myself, which I cut from Naturals White card stock and scored on the right edge to create a hinge.  Most of the decorative images are from Stampin' Up! . . . Bird Builder punch and another stamped and punched flower.
And on the back panel, I stamped the perfect greeting from Really Good Greetings, cut it with the Note Tag punch, and topped it off with another stamped and punched flower.  I was pleased, and I think aunt Betty will enjoy looking at this card and showing it off, too! 

No comments: