Friday, January 9, 2015

FUN LITTLE BOX CARD

Yesterday was my husband's birthday, and I had been so busy with housework and laundry the day before that I completely forgot to make a card.  He wouldn't have made a fuss about not getting one, but he gets me a card for every occasion and, since I usually spend a lot of time (happily) making cards, it just wouldn't have been good to not make one for him.  And so--around 4 a.m. yesterday morning--I chose to make this cute little box card, which is not really the kind of card that you want to start working on when it's already past bedtime.  I have to admit that I enjoyed the process because it seems like I have hardly had any creative time during the past 6 weeks.  Since I used a Silhouette cut file designed by Lori Whitlock, making this card actually took less time than it would have if I had to cut and punch all of the pieces.  The stamped sentiment is from Stampin' Up!, as is the linen thread and rhinestone jewels, and I used the Heart border punch to create a couple of "fill-in" accents.  I'm not sure that my paper choices were the best for a masculine card (and my son didn't care for the rhinestones), but at least I came through with a card.  ;-)

No comments: