Thursday, June 18, 2015

MY ANGEL WING PHOTO PLANT MARKER

Months ago, Aunt Betty gave me a small cup with two clippings from one of her flowering plants.  I was supposed to provide fresh water now and then and plant once the clippings had roots.  Honestly, I never thought that I'd see that day--and it did take quite a while (months, maybe) because I would forget to change the water or add more to the cup.  Once I saw roots, though, I invested in a pot and some soil!
This plant has grown so much and so fast, and I am quite surprised that I have had a part in that.  I couldn't remember what kind of plant this was, so my mother found out from Aunt Betty that it's an Angel Wing Begonia.  When showed a picture of it, Aunt Betty said that hers never grew so tall, so I'm not sure if the height of my plant is good or bad (or indifferent).  Once mother told me the name, though, I had to write it down and put it in a place where I could find it later.  Why not put it in the pot, I thought, so I used Stampin' Up!'s Tags & Labels Framelits to cut my printed image so I could create the plant marker.  BTW, that old photo of my grandparents was shared by my sister over the weekend, and it immediately came to mind as the perfect background since those two lovebirds now have their own angel wings.  I love it when things just come together as if meant to be!

1 comment:

Rosie Guiher said...

Love your plant. Nice tag and memories.