Monday, February 8, 2016

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

Valentine's Day is fast-approaching, and this is the only card that I've managed to make.  I was thinking that I would send it to aunt Betty, even though she'll probably wonder why I'm sending such a plain card this time.  She's funny.  She really enjoys getting cards from me and usually tells my mother about them--and sometimes she'll mention that "it's not the prettiest card I've ever gotten from Regina, but it's real pretty".  I don't take offense to that at all because I know exactly what she means--some cards just have more frills, detail, fun or fancy fold than others.  I had actually tossed this one to the side thinking that I couldn't possibly send it to her but, unless I come up with something more exciting in the next 24 hours, this will be the card she gets.  It was a snap to make.  I used Stampin' Up!'s Archival Basic Black ink to stamp the image (Bird Crazy by Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous) and then used an Aqua Painter to color the image with Pink Pirouette and Always Artichoke ink.  Smoky Slate ink was used to dirty the ground beneath the bird's feet, but then it got muddied when I sponged the paper with Soft Suede ink while the Smoky Slate ink was still wet.  Oh well . . . I guess that's why the bird is looking like, "Really, Regina?  You had to ground me in mud?"  After taking the photo, I placed a small punched heart from Silver Glimmer paper on the bird's breast so it would look a little more festive.  And this, my friends, concludes this week's snappy Monday project.
 

No comments: