Wednesday, May 18, 2016

CARD CANDY FLIP BOOK

Today I'm excited to share a sneak peek photo of the project that I designed for Craft Project Central's May session of awesome project/ensemble tutorials.  Several years ago, "card candy" was quite a popular deal for stampers and card-makers and, since I really enjoyed the convenience of card candy, I decided to design a flip book that was decorated with removable card candy and embellishments that some lucky recipient could thoroughly enjoy.  The other reason that I fell in love with the idea of this flip book is that it encourages the recipient to not only create beautiful cards but to also put them in the mail to brighten someone's day.  It's kind of sad that social media has left many mailboxes with fewer cards each year, so let's change that!  Following is the introduction that I wrote for my project:
Create a flip book, complete with elements that flip and open, with card candy that the recipient can remove and use to decorate note and greeting cards.  One of the “flip” elements is a glassine bag that holds twine and jewels to further decorate the cards.  The flip book includes a pocket to hold an instructional note for the recipient, and there’s another pocket to hold additional embellishments, punched or die-cut shapes, stamped sentiments, etc.  This tutorial includes eight assorted card candy decorative layers, including the one on the front of the flip book, which can be lifted from the book and adhered to a card.  This is a fabulous project to make for another stamper/card-maker, and it would also be a great stamp camp project.


As usual, I will be giving a FREE one-month Craft Project Central subscription to a lucky winner.  To be entered in the drawing, just click THIS LINK and leave a comment where you see the sneak peek photo of my project.  It's really that simple!  On Wednesday, May 25th, I will draw the winning name and announce it right here on my blog, so be sure to come back on the 25th to see if you are the winner.  You can also start your subscription . . . find all of the details at Craft Project Central.

No comments: