Thursday, January 12, 2017

BAG OF COFFEE BEANS

This must be "Shaped Card Week" because I have yet another shaped card to share.  It's hard to believe but, as of today, I have been married for 33 years.  That seems like a really long time and even though the occasion may have called for it, I didn't make a gushy, sappy anniversary card.  Instead, I created a shaped card for my husband--a card shaped like a bag of coffee beans, complete with a scoop.  He loves coffee (almost as much as I love Cheerwine).  He almost always finds a really neat greeting card for me on occasions--they either have a fun fold or are interactive.  It's hard to top the cards from him, but I enjoy trying!


If I'm not mistaken, the image for my card came from Cricut's Love You a Latte cartridge.  After cutting all of the pieces for the card, I used the cheesecloth image from Stampin' Up!'s Ghoulish Grunge stamp set to add a little texture to the bag, and it looked really good in real life.  I cannot understand why that stamp set didn't carry over from the Holiday catalog, but my fingers are crossed that it will show up in Stampin' Up!'s next annual catalog.  Even if doesn't, I will be using that set until those rubber images are worn down to nothing.  

Have a happy day!!!!

No comments: