Saturday, July 29, 2017

"FARM HOUSE" CHALK COUTURE SIGN

Several days ago, I received a nice big order from Chalk Couture with a lot of new image transfers and lots of Chalkology Paste color choices, but I didn't get a chance to create something new until today.  I don't know what it is about the Farm House transfer--I have never lived on a farm--but I just had to have it.

What's that?  You don't know anything about Chalk Couture?  Well, I can help you with that.  The company is still relatively new, but they have an exciting yet simple product line that consists of the following:

Chalkboards - Framed and unframed options; all chalkboards are magnetic, which makes it easy to attach adornments, embellishments, photos, etc. to the decorated board.

Chalk Transfers - Lots and lots from which to choose, these are like a cross between thin vinyl and stencils.  All of the transfers are silkscreen, which means the Chalkology Paste does not seep under the image or go where you don't want it--this is FANTASTIC!!!! 

Chalkology Paste - This is the fun stuff that you use with the transfers to . . . uh, well . . . transfer the image(s) onto your chosen surface (chalkboard, canvas, wood, metal, glass, etc.).  The paste dries really fast, there are a LOT of colors from which to choose and, when you're ready to re-use the surface, all you have to do is wash away the previous design with water.  Note:  Some surfaces may not be conducive to being re-used, such as canvas, fabric, wood.


And this is the sign that I practiced on today:


Aren't the images fun???  I used all but two of the images that come with the Farm House transfer (it's a huge one!), and I kept myself hopping between three colors of Chalkology Paste:  Brick, Charcoal, and School Bus Yellow.  I knew that I should have a small body of water nearby to place the transfers in when I pulled them off the board, but I learned today that it would have been much easier to work on this project in the kitchen near the sink since some of the image transfers were a bit on the large side.  Still, it all worked out, and the transfers cleaned up beautifully (with water and a spritz of antibacterial spray).  Working with the Chalkology Paste is such a dream because it dries so fast!  I actually started at the bottom of my sign and worked my way to the top, and I didn't have to worry about smears or getting the paste on me or my clothes.

Want to know more about Chalk Couture?  Email me at randari at Hotmail dot com.


No comments: