Tuesday, December 26, 2017

MASON JAR GIFT CARD HOLDERS

One of my favorite crafts this holiday season was creating a few mason jar gift card holders because they were so easy!  One of the most fun things about this project is that any size jar works (as long as it's tall enough to hold the gift card), and the jar can be right-side-up or upside-down. This one was the quickest:


A binder clip was clipped to one end of the gift card, and then I used hot glue to adhere the base of the clip to the lid.  Glitter tape was placed around the lid, but washi tape or ribbon would work beautifully, too.  I'm drawing a blank at the moment, but the stuffing (whatever it is called) was placed inside the pint-size jar, followed by the lid and ring.  On top of the jar, I adhered one of Stampin' Up!'s tree-shaped Stitched Felt Embellishments to a designer paper circle and then used hot glue to adhere one half of a ball ornament.  I wasn't sure how this was going to work but, after I was finished, I realized that I could have added so much more (such as shaker elements) inside the dome.  Hindsight is pretty sharp, you know?


I decided to get a little fancy with the next jar, which was quart-size, and began by adhering a sparkly tree-shaped ornament (complete with glimmer and gems) close to the edge of the lid.  A binder clip was adhered with hot glue beside the ornament, and then the gift card was placed in the clip.  I carefully placed stuffing to cover the lid, and then closed the jar onto the lid and ring.  A jute twine bow was tied around the jar (just above the lid).  A strip of burlap trim was adhered to the jar and embellished with the holly and berries Stitched Felt Embellishments.  The "top" was decorated with a gold foil doily and a star-shaped Stitched Felt Embellishment.


All of my mason jar gift card holders were placed inside a buffalo plaid gift bag that I decorated with Chalk Couture products (read all about them HERE).



1 comment:

Jane said...

I love these. New ideas for next year