Sunday, May 13, 2018

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

My mail carrier probably wonders why I send so many cards near Mother's Day.  Surely I don't know that many people having birthdays and since they're all addressed to women, they must be Mother's Day cards.  She might think that I was literally raised by a village of special mothers.  The truth is . . . I send a lot of cards.  Some of the cards that I send are to friends of my mother's (some were even friends with my grandmother), and some of the women that are on my mailing list I have known for as long as I can remember.  It's great to hear that the cards are so well-received.  I think people don't send cards as often as they used to, but the joy of getting a greeting card in the mail cannot be duplicated with an email or a verbal claim after a holiday or occasion such as, "I thought of you on _____________ (your birthday or other occasion)!"  Following are some of the Mother's Day cards that I made.  I loved these cards!  They were actually fun to make, and Stampin' Up!'s Stamparatus tool made the stamping a very, very quick process.  The Petal Garden designer paper was a perfect feminine choice, don't you think?




For my mother, I made an easel card (literally, with strips of cardstock), and the focal point was a cut from one of the Graceful Glass Designer Vellum papers (a new product available next month) that I colored with Stampin' Blends.  


I wish all mothers a very happy and blessed Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Stasher said...

Beautiful cards! I love that DSP too. And I love sending cards as well. I imagine the recipients' surprise. I received three handmade cards for my birthday this year!

Nancy Dawson said...

Beautiful Mother's Day cards and I agree with you... it is so exciting to get a hand-made card in the mail. I need to send more than I do but I'm working on it. Thank you for sharing your talent with us!